What a great way to start the day with this delicious breakfast. You can always do this when you still have some leftover prosciutto, cheese and tomatoes. The only thing you need to buy is fresh butter croissants from your closest bakery.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Difficulty: 🍳 (1/5)
- 2 large or 3 medium size fresh croissants
- 4-5 teaspoons of butter
- 4-5 thin slices of prosciutto crudo
- 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 stem and 1 sprig of celery
- 3 slices of smoked soft cheese
and 1 cup of coffee, of course.
Gently cut the fresh croissants in half sideways with a bread knife, as they tend to break easily when they are fresh. Spread the butter on the lower half of the croissant and place the slices of prosciutto on it. Cut the tomatoes and the celery stem into 1/2 cm slices and place them on the top of the prosciutto. Finally add the cottage cheese on the top of the vegetables and close the croissants.
With the help of the toothpick gently fold the bottom part of each slice of the smoked soft cheese, creating a cone. Place the remaining slices of tomatoes inside. Finally place the celery sprig in the middle of the plate for a nice fresh color.
Treat yourself with a hot cup of coffee and you will have a great morning.
- cottage cheese > goat cheese
- prosciutto crudo > jamón serrano
- celery > avocado or cucumber
- slices of smoked soft cheese > emmentaler cheese slices
- Vegetarian option: The prosciutto can be replaced with slices of grilled mushrooms.